Orientation. Day 1.
>> Monday, July 13, 2009
Today was the first of three days of hospital "classroom" orientation. It was the largest orientation class that they have ever seen (just about 130 people)!
The whole time I was eyeing the knick-knacks on the tables. There was a plastic bucket filled with stress balls (shaped as various sports balls, plus a world, heart, and a star), badge clips, pens, and brightly colored sticky notes. But what made me most curious was the clear, glass vase filled with pipe cleaners. We had already played an ice-breaker game, so I just assumed that they were set aside for another game. Oh, how wrong I was. Or maybe one of the speakers had seen my doodling (one of my many ways of focusing better)... I don't know. But, halfway through the day, our orientation leader made an announcement: "The pipe cleaners are on your table in case you need something to do with your hands, so help yourselves!" She must have read my mind! I came home with a bouquet* :)
*There are four flowers and a bee!
1 comments:
I expect honey for Christmas. Do the flowers take much water?
CT Mom
Post a Comment