Journal Reflections: Durban, Day 22

>> Tuesday, September 15, 2009

11 April 2009: Hluhluwe Game Reserve*


I can't even describe the amazing beauty that I was surrounded by today! Hills as far as the eye could see, spotted with trees, sometimes dense forests and brush. Greens, some bright, some dark. Shadows from the clouds above, playing tricks on the ground. It was all so breathtaking!

We arrived at the gate to the park in our Nissan Micra (it was quite comical being surrounded by large Land Rovers and other 4x4 vehicles more adapted for the land). We only had two trouble spots... extreme mud (we turned around, no questions asked), and a really steep hill (which, after several attempts complete with spinning wheels, we turned around...again). Not to worry, we didn't miss too much!

Within five minutes, we spotted rhino! Throughout the rest of the day we spotted giraffe, impala, nyala, baboon, warthog, crocodiles, zebra, and turtles. What an amazing day!


*Hluhluwe is pronounced "Shlue-shlue-way"

1 comments:

Jen Price 5:24 AM  

Beautiful! I love zebras!

Post a Comment


"I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love." - Mother Theresa

"Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it." - Romans 12:9 (The Message)

"Visit this place, O Lord, and drive far from it all snares of the enemy; let your holy angels dwell with us to preserve us in peace; and let your blessing be upon us always; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." - prayer from the office of Compline

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP