The Twilight Zone

>> Wednesday, August 22, 2007

We are slowly settling in and learning to call this place home. At times we have been drawn back to reality (like getting our cars registered... and finding out we had to fix the jeep's brakes), but for the most part we both still feel like this whole move has been surreal and it hasn't all sunk in yet. Personally, I am waiting for reality to hit because I know when it does I will be knee deep (and quickly sinking) in school related activities! Am I ready to start school again? I have a hard time answering this question. Yes, I am excited to a point, but at the same time my knees are knocking and I'm not sure I am prepared or ready for this next season. I feel under qualified and undeserving, but in the midst of it all I have a peace. God has placed this task before me - He has given me this opportunity, this desire, and I must do my best to glorify Him through everything. Pray for me as I am learning to do this!

In the last few days before I begin school I have been sewing curtains, going to the aquarium (it's so nice to have a membership), spending time with friends, preparing for class, and we are trying to name all 14 of our fish in our pond out back! Here's the list so far: Bert, Ethel (these two came to us named), Elroy, Habib, Gloria, and Harvey. It's so much fun getting to know them!! If any of you have suggestions for the eight others please let me know.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  6:59 AM  

Nice to see an updated blog. Know that mom and I will continue to uphold you and Doug before our Lord and you go forward.

Ellen 6:42 PM  

OK so there are 16 fish on count from today!!!

Jen 1:45 PM  

Howie, Ingrid, Smoochie, George, Francois, Ernie (you have a Bert so you have to have an Ernie), Lucy (you know...can't have an Ethel without a Lucy), Chico, Nemo (if you want to go with a crazy fish theme), Bartholomew (you could call him Bart...but that sounds a little like Bert and they might be confused).

I think it's time to go back to school. I seem to have a bit too much time on my hands.

ladiebug 4:46 PM  

thanks for the fun time at the aquarium, ellen! elizabeth says thanks, too. i think you should name some of your fish Crusty, Phin (short for Phinneus), and Leroy.

Post a Comment


"I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love." - Mother Theresa

"Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it." - Romans 12:9 (The Message)

"Visit this place, O Lord, and drive far from it all snares of the enemy; let your holy angels dwell with us to preserve us in peace; and let your blessing be upon us always; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." - prayer from the office of Compline

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP