Crock Pot Experiment #2
>> Saturday, November 13, 2010
D and I are both feeling under the weather today, so this morning (when I had just a bit more energy) I decided I better throw something together for dinner - I knew come evening I wouldn't feel like doing much. So, I looked once again to my crock pot and cleaned out my refrigerator/freezer. I did consult a few recipes, but mostly just mixed a bunch of ingredients together. Here's what I combined:
1 lb ground turkey
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup frozen green beans (that's all I had)
4 celery stalks, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1/3 of an onion, chopped
3 cups (approx.) bite-sized potatoes, thinly sliced into rounds
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
basil
old bay seasoning
garlic powder
thyme
marjoram
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
Brown the ground turkey in a sauce pan. Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Mix well. Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
**If you remember, I'm not so good at measuring my spices - I couldn't tell you how much I added of each (shake, shake, shake!)
What was missing/what I would change:
Carrots (Alas! If you remember my pot roast - those were the last 7 carrots to be found in the Porter household. Tragedy!)
Fresh garlic (The pot roast also took the last of the garlic...)
Fresh veggies instead of frozen (but... well, I think we need to make a trip to the grocery store!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment