a Cave Full of Thanks
>> Friday, November 16, 2007
Soon I will be re-emerging from my semi-hibernatic state. Don't worry! I'm not totally gone! (By the way, I think "semi-hibernatic" should be a real word!) Anyways, I am finally starting to clear my bleary eyes and think about waking up from my current world that has become like a cave to me. I feel disconnected from the "outside" world and consumed by my dream-like state. If you've ever been to nursing school, well, you would understand...
With Thanksgiving coming up, I thought I should share ten things for which I am thankful:
- a brain that finds all of this information fascinating (aka the nursing school deluge) and a body that is able to survive with all this abuse.
- new friends, especially the ones that keep me laughing so hard that not just my stomach hurts, but my back too...
- the GRE. I never thought I would say it, but studying for that bear of a test prepared me in ways that I never imagined in order to "guess smart" on all these multiple choice exams.
- old friends who continue to call even though I may not call them back.
- my husband, who has to deal with me at the end of the day and the end of the week and the end of the semester.
- a hazelnut latte (which, wow, when did I become a coffee drinker?!)
- a God who doesn't give up on me.
- technology. Although sometimes I want to throw it out the window.
- the Wii. If you haven't, you need to experience it!
- my five week vacation starting Thursday, December 13th at 1030 hrs.
0 comments:
Post a Comment