Pages From My Journal: Haiti, Day 10
>> Tuesday, April 27, 2010
6 March 2010
There were more fishermen today, but I missed most of their fishing because I was so busy with my vital sign station. I saw my second highest temperature today - 39.5 Celsius (103 Farenheidt) in a 5 year old boy. He looked really sick, but I was able to get a small smile out of him. He got a shot by the other RNs today - 5 ml in his butt (not sure about that amount...)
For the past two days there have been shipments of supplies from Port-au-Prince. Today we started to unpack the boxes and found so many wonderful stashes of medications. Our stock room filled up again and we feel so much better about leaving the clinics with medications for Monday. I took some before and after pictures. Our med table at clinic was pretty bare today. I'm not really looking forward to Port-au-Prince and the ER. I am hoping to be able to work in the medicine tent because the ER is so terribly out of my league, but it will be nice to be extremely busy and hopefully more useful once again.
Lord, be my light and my salvation. Continue to protect us from dangers that are so prevalent around us. Be with Corey's family with the loss of her grandfather today. Would you surround them all with a presence that they can only attribute to you. Thank you for the reconciliations that has occurred with some of her family. Help me to be a support as needed. May our trip to Port-au-Prince be uneventful tomorrow. May be sleep be rested. Amen.
0 comments:
Post a Comment