Of Beetles, Good Friends, and Belted Cows
>> Monday, August 10, 2009
Last weekend, Doug and I drove to Easton to meet up with a friend of his who was in town from South Africa. He has known Naomi for 10 years and has been saying how much he wanted us to meet. Naomi and I have had e-mail conversations, but we have never met face to face. We had a wonderful few hours with her walking the streets of downtown Easton and stopping to drink refreshing coffee and smoothies. I left our visit wishing we lived closer, although I think Doug is wishing differently - Ha! (it was a little scary how well we got along)!
I found out later that this was a male Eastern Hercules Beetle. He was beautiful! On our way to drop Naomi off, we passed a farm of Belted Cows (aka Galloways) and had to stop to take pictures. I haven't seen many of these cows in person, so it was really cool to catch a sighting!
3 comments:
mmmm...Oreos!
looks like an african sized beetle!
That beetle is way cool! He looks pretty big too.
M
Post a Comment