I miss the North Shore

>> Thursday, February 21, 2008

I miss the smell of the ocean right outside my window
I miss being wakened by the first rays of the sun
I miss the quiet lapping of waves on the beach
I long for those peaceful moments combing the sand

I miss the near constant display of rainbows
I miss watching the river otters play
I miss the foam engulfing my toes
I long for that salty breeze to blow through my hair

I miss the array of sea glass scattered on the shore
I miss walking for hours lost in time
I miss the birds and their conversations
I long to be there again

4 comments:

Karoliina 6:19 AM  

Time to come back and visit? =)

Unknown 7:59 PM  

I'm thinking you could come visit me out here in Hawaii. We don't have river otters but we do have everything else...and it's pleasantly warm here... :-)

Anonymous,  11:48 PM  

Maybe next time you come we could take a day and visit your lovely beach. I too would like to spend a day there.
Mom

ladiebug 9:21 AM  

I miss it, too! Let's go back soon.

Post a Comment


"I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love." - Mother Theresa

"Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it." - Romans 12:9 (The Message)

"Visit this place, O Lord, and drive far from it all snares of the enemy; let your holy angels dwell with us to preserve us in peace; and let your blessing be upon us always; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." - prayer from the office of Compline

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP